Monday, January 16, 2012

Shakedown Showdown

Well, these NFL playoffs have taken a complete turn from anything anyone expected. If you have a friend who is claiming that they "predicted" that the NFC championship would consist of the 49ers and Giants duking it out to play in February, slap them. Hard. Immediately. Because they will be lying to your face, and you deserve better than that. Maybe this underlying anger is stemming from the fact that the Saints were my prediction to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl or that I actually found myself hating the team from New York more than those overhyped cheeseheads. Whatever the reason, I am just happy America can still potentially see a rematch of the Harbaugh brothers on the sidelines of the NFL's final game.

Who, as true fans of the NFL as a whole, wants the Patriots to be in the Super Bowl... again? They will undoubtedly be the favorite against whoever they play, and if there is a rematch of the Giants-Pats from 2007, my brain might implode from the coverage ESPN will have about how the David Tyree catch was some magical act of God. And with Tebow-Mania finally over, you just know that will be their focal points for 12 hours a day for the two weeks leading up to the big game.

For those of you hoping for a shootout of Rodgers and Brees, you have been disappointed. For those hoping the two best teams in football would be in the Super Bowl together, you have once again been disappointed. For the sake of this sport, I really hope a team wins that I can actually root for (Niners, Ravens), because otherwise, I will have to resort to patiently hoping my squares match up at halftime for $100 instead of cheering on someone to score and garner bragging rights over their overvalued rival.

No comments:

Post a Comment